[Catalyst] Re: Unicode trouble with Catalyst::Engine::FastCGI

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Mon Nov 23 22:23:17 GMT 2009

On 23 Nov 2009, at 21:15, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Bernhard Graf <catalyst4 at augensalat.de> [2009-11-23 20:00]:

>>> It shouldn’t matter.
>>
>> But it does.
>
> yes, because ::FastCGI is broken. :-)  Is what I’m saying.

The FastCGI engine doesn't do anything with encoding/uft8, and nor
does FCGI.pm

This probably means (I'm guessing) that the xs part of FCGI doesn't
correctly handle buffers which are characters rather than bytes.

We can get this fixed, but not without test cases, and I'm struggling
to reproduce the issue here.

Help?

Cheers
t0m