[Catalyst] Gitalist arrives on CPAN

Dan Brook mr.daniel.brook at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 09:39:44 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Jacob Helwig <jacob.helwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 18:25, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 27 Nov 2009, at 01:33, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a demo site?
>>
>> I've got a copy sat in my public_html directory:
>>
>> http://goatse.co.uk/~bobtfish/Gitalist/script/gitalist.fcgi/
>>
>> Cheers
>> t0m
>>

> Is there anything that explains what the color bars under the SHA-1 hashes mean?

They don't mean anything as such, they're just first 6 chars of the
SHA-1 as a hex colour e.g the commit
f85cb28d32054b92e2a7094a83ebe528485dbf36 becomes #f85cb2 hence that
pink colour you see[1].  It was an idea borrowed from Chroma-Hash[2].
Also at the top right hand corner of pages is the first 36 chars of
the SHA-1 of the current commit where the color underneath each 6 char
chunk is the corresponding hex colour. I've found the colours to be a
handy visual cue when dealing with SHA-1s.

Cheers,
Dan Brook

[1] http://goatse.co.uk/~bobtfish/Gitalist/script/gitalist.fcgi/commit?p=Gitalist;h=f85cb28d32054b92e2a7094a83ebe528485dbf36
[2] http://mattt.github.com/Chroma-Hash/