[Catalyst] Deployment in practice

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:53:38 GMT 2009

From: "J. Shirley" <jshirley at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Tobias Kremer
<tobias.kremer at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/10/9 Octavian Râşniţă <orasnita at gmail.com>:
> > I've recently started to use Mercurial for revision control and the
> > pages
> > regarding the deployment of a Catalyst app from the Catalyst wiki also
> help
> > me very much, but I still don't know what would be the best method for
> > uploading the files to the server.
> > How do you do it?
>
> We do a checkout of the latest version on our staging server, test
> everything and then rsync it to the webservers. Works like a charm.

I have deployment branches, and then push from there.  It's git, but I'd
assume you can do the same in hg (though I've never used it)

Thank you Tobias and J.

For the moment I think I will use Tobias' way, because I use Mercurial only
for a few days and I don't know if it supports hooks made in bash.

I know that git is made in C and some perl scripts, that it is faster, much
advanced than Mercurial (which is made in Python), but unfortunately it
doesn't work well under Windows, and I do the development under Windows and
the testing and production use under Linux...

Octavian