[Catalyst] I'm getting wrong uri_for

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Mon Oct 12 17:27:17 GMT 2009

Oleg Pronin wrote:
> Hello. I upgraded to Catalyst 5.8 (5.80013) and i've got problem with uri_for.
>
> It warns
> Explicit blessing to '' (assuming package main) at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Catalyst.pm line 1281.
>
> Becase $c->req->base is empty.
>
> I'm not using custom Request object.
>
> Any idea what is the reason?

I'm guessing that this could have something to do with the environment
variables supplied by your web server etc..

Could you shed some light on the platform / environment you're deploying
in, and also try printing out Dumper(\%ENV) and/or $c->engine->env..

Do you have this issue with the development server, or only when running
in production? (As the former points to something in your application,
whereas the latter points to something to do with your combination of
web server / platform etc)

Cheers
t0m