[Catalyst] Choosing the language

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:30:49 GMT 2009

Hi,

Is there a recommendation for storing the language ID in the URL in order to
be as easy to get it from there?

I want to have unique links for each URL, so I can't just put it in the
cookies. Using ?lang=EN seems to be the easiest way, although it doesn't
look nice.

Putting it as the first element in the path info looks nice, but I don't
know how to get it from there in a single controller/action and not in every
action separately.

I was also thinking to chain dispatching, but I don't know how I could set a
chain for the entire application that just gets the language and stores it
in the stash.

Please tell me how you use to do this.

Thank you.

Octavian