[Catalyst] Debian recommendation

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:20:12 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've seen a recommendation on this list for Debian for running perl apps,
and recently I started to use this distro.

I've seen that I can install perl modules very hard under Debian if I use
the CPAN shell.
For example if I run

$ cpan
cpan> install Class::MOP

it gives an "Unknown error" and it doesn't want to install and the same with
Catalyst::Runtime.

But if I do then

cpan> look ModuleName
$ perl Makefile.PL
$ make
$ make test
$make install

I can install the modules without problem (usually).
However, I need to manually install each dependency.

I've seen this strange thing under 2 Debian systems so I think it is not a
Debian bug.

Does this happen to you? If yes, how do you solve it?

Thank you.

Octavian