[Catalyst] Question about C:P:Unicode(::Encoding)

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Oct 24 20:55:46 GMT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Bernhard Graf <catalyst4 at augensalat.de>wro=
te:

> These plugins hook into prepare_parameters() to decode data.
>
> Why does it leave query_- and body_parameters untouched?

Always seemed like a bug to me.

http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk/msg02350.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk/msg05312.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk/msg04321.html

I wonder about something like this, although might be cases where there's
something in there that should not be decoded.

after 'prepare_body_parameters' =3D> sub {
    my $c =3D shift;

    my $v =3D Data::Visitor::Callback->new(
        ignore_return_values =3D> 1,
        value                =3D> sub {
            $_ =3D decode_utf8( $_, $CHECK ) unless Encode::is_utf8( $_ );
        },
    );

    $v->visit( $c->req->body_parameters );

    return;
};

Although I have cryptic notes elsewhere where I had problems with
Data::Visitor.  Hum, should have taken better notes.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org