[Catalyst] generating and redirecting to pdfs [OT]

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 09:48:37 GMT 2009

Steve Rippl wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 18:49 -0400, hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
[..]
> Thanks for the input.  I came across Catalyst::View::PDF::API2 but couldn't
> get that to work for some reason.  I hadn't tried ..PDF::Reuse but right now
> HTML::HTMLDoc is working pretty well for me.

Just as an aside, I've been using HTMLDOC server-side for years and have
only just noticed HTML::HTMLDoc. It's a neat wrapper but I haven't found
a way of setting header & footer size (equivalent of --headfootsize
option), except to directly access the objects private parts:

$htmldoc->_set_doc_config('headfootsize', 9)

which breaks all the conventions, but works. I notice the H::H package
hasn't been updated since 2005 so I guess it's safe enough to do this.
Anyone encountered this issue before?
--
Richard Jones