[Catalyst] Debian recommendation

Andrew Rodland andrew at cleverdomain.org
Wed Oct 28 00:45:47 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 07:14:02 pm Evan Carroll wrote:
> > Then I suppose it's a good thing that no such thing happens.
>
> Sure it happens;

Taking the world's most goddamn *stupid*, unpredictable, and un-packageable
code and turning it into something that's actually *maintainable* and meets
the most minimum guidelines for a well-behaved package is not "taking
something and knowingly breaking it", it's saving me from having to do violent
things to people.

And the changes don't break anything unless you do something fundamentally
stupid, like touching the files with the big NOT YOURS signs on them. (i.e.
running CPAN as root.)

Andrew