[Catalyst] Catalyst::Helper Changes

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Sep 10 00:35:38 GMT 2009

On 8 Sep 2009, at 20:47, kevin montuori wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Devin Austin
> <devin.austin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you explain a little more in depth what you're looking to do?
>
> Sure.  Among other things I'd like the myapp.conf file to live in
> $root/etc/config and be YAML format.  This involves creating the
> directories, changing the conf file contents and name, and adding a
> line to MyApp.pm.  There's more, but I think this is a fairly
> representative example of the kind of thing

There is a plan to allow 'templates' for applications which would
allow you to do this trivially..

This will be coming after the google summer of code has been merged
and released, which it is currently being cleaned up to do do. :)

Further details / thoughts about where people's plans with this go /
how it would work available to anyone arriving in #catalyst-dev for a
chat about it who is prepared to write those thoughts down - however
at the moment we're concentrating on getting the more split-out
application templates live before we do the next stage..

Cheers
t0m