[Catalyst] Problem with index.tt2

Matt Whipple matt at mattwhipple.com
Tue Sep 29 23:15:35 GMT 2009

David Silva wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I'm following the book "Catalyst - Accelerating Perl Web Application
> Development" by Jonathan Rockway (2007) with Catalyst 5.80013.
>
> And in chapter 3 the autor says to create an index.tt2 page and said
> that we don't need to do nothing cos Catalyst will recognize the
> index. I start the server and it shows me the default page of catalyst.
>
> I'm following the book, so what i done wrong?
My guess would be that you haven't changed the template extension.  See
if index.tt works.  From my recollection, the book is building on top of
the previous example and only references some of the previously covered
material rather than explicitly going through it again (so also make
sure you have the view set up).

As a note, it's not that Catalyst "recognizes the index", it's that the
view defaults to trying to display a template matching the present
action (which in this case should be "index") with the template
extension appended.