[Catalyst] Problem with index.tt2

Matt Whipple matt at mattwhipple.com
Wed Sep 30 14:36:38 GMT 2009

David Silva wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I already had set TEMPLATE_EXTENSION => '.tt2', and i solve the
> problem by changing the controller Root.pm like this:
>
> sub index :Path :Args(0) {
>     my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
>
>     # Hello World
> #    $c->response->body( $c->welcome_message );
>      $c->stash->{template} = 'index.tt2';
> }
Doh...If you were getting the welcome screen it _would_ have been that
line left over.  The other suggestions would have been in the case of an
error screen.

The book is referencing the fact that you don't need to set the template
stash variable in this case, but explicitly specifying things is never a
bad idea, especially when the default behavior is unclear or uncertain.
Ironically the TEMPLATE_EXTENSION is irrelevant with the above setup.