[Catalyst] Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Apr 2 18:04:11 GMT 2010

GET http://localhost:3000/static/foo.%0A/abc.txt

Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Catalyst/Plugin/Static/Simple.pm line 139.

I'm not too concerned with that warning[1], other than it potentially being
noisy in the error logs, but I wonder if newlines should be filtered higher
up -- perhaps in prepare_path().  Probably not because I assume one could
allow a newline in an argument.

So, should Static::Simple filter?

[1] Well, it would be a bit more useful if the warning message included the
filename that has a problem, of course.  But, that's not Catalyst.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org