[Catalyst] What to upload

Oleg Kostyuk cub.uanic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:37:00 GMT 2010

Did you ever tried any of them? This is not so hard.

If you adding Catalyst app as part of other site, try to place
directives above into same config file where your site is defined.
This could be as main Apache config, as well as separate config.
Finally, you should have something like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    #
    # This is about your main site
    # Site content is living under /www/somesite.com/
    #
    ServerName      somesite.com
    ServerAlias     www.somesite.com
    DocumentRoot    /www/somesite.com/

    #
    # This is about your Catalyst app
    # App content is living under /www/DpklNotes/
    #
    FastCgiServer       /www/DpklNotes/script/dpklnotes_fastcgi.pl -processes 3
    Alias /dpklnotes/   /www/DpklNotes/script/dpklnotes_fastcgi.pl/

    Alias /dpklnotes/static /www/DpklNotes/root/static
    <Location /dpklnotes/static>
       SetHandler default-handler
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Just try to do instead of asking :)

2010/4/5 Paul Falbe <paul at cassens.com>:

> And that goes into .htaccess or apache2 conf file?  Sorry for repeated questions
> this is not familiar territory...
>
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 03:28:47PM +0300, Oleg Kostyuk wrote:
>> I think, you should use:
>>

>> FastCgiServer       /www/DpklNotes/script/dpklnotes_fastcgi.pl -processes 3
>> Alias /dpklnotes/   /www/DpklNotes/script/dpklnotes_fastcgi.pl/
>>
>> Alias /dpklnotes/static /www/DpklNotes/root/static
>> <Location /dpklnotes/static>
>>     SetHandler default-handler
>> </Location>
>>

>> Just try and then write your experience at wiki.
>>

>> 2010/4/5 Paul Falbe <paul at cassens.com>:
>> >

>> > do I need to add both of these? And do I add them to Apache conf or can they be added .htaccess?
>> > I'm a little confused about /static.
>> >
>> >    DocumentRoot  /www/DpklNotes/root
>> >    Alias /static /www/DpklNotes/root/static
>> >
>> >    FastCgiServer /www/DpklNotes/script/dpklnotes_fastcgi.pl -processes 3
>> >    Alias /dpklnotes/ /www/DpklNotes/script/dpklnotes_fastcgi.pl/

>> --
>> Sincerely yours,
>> Oleg Kostyuk (CUB-UANIC)

Sincerely yours,