[Catalyst] Distributing and updating Cat apps

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Apr 5 14:19:32 GMT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Oleg Kostyuk <cub.uanic at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/3/30 Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org>:

> > The applications have separate YAML files for different environments.
>  There
> > might be "dev.yml", "testing.yml", "qa.yml", and "produciton.yml".  Each
> > machine has a file in /etc/<$app_name> that sets what environment the
> > application should start in (i.e. what YAML config file to use).  Push =
> > testing and the app starts and uses the testing database as configured =
in
> > testing.yml.
>
> Catalyst already have such possibility: read end of "DESCRIPTION" in
> Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader, and more details in description of
> get_config_local_suffix().

Yes, similar.  ConfigLoader didn't exist when I wrote the above, and it's
not a plugin (the Plugin is just a thin wrapper) -- it's available outside
of Catalyst which is very useful.    Wasn't there talk a while back about
splitting up ConfigLoader to make it available outside of Catalyst and with
the ability to merge files?

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org