[Catalyst] What to upload

Paul Falbe paul at cassens.com
Tue Apr 6 13:26:09 GMT 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 04:07:01PM +0300, Oleg Kostyuk wrote:
> > My site does FastCGI and I can do a .htaccess file but I haven't gotten that to work yet
> > either....  Would have a sample .htaccess file I can try?
>
> Very interested, how they does FastCGI, if you don't have access to
> server config? You should ask them every time, when you need to change
> configuration? May be this is acceptable for you, but as for me, such
> hosting should be changed to some better.
>
> AFAIK, FastCGI /require/ access to server config, and start of FastCGI
> servers from .htaccess is not possible. Try to check in docs at
> http://www.fastcgi.com/.

Below is what they said.  I tried everything I found by googling which is why I thought
I must not be reading something correctly...

"Hello Paul,

mod_fastcgi is available. You would need to setup the appropriate fast cgi hooks in your .htaccess file so that it processes the scripts. For example, the following would parse fcg, fcgi, and fpl files as fast cgi scripts:

AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl"