[Catalyst] Outcome of the "Security issue with hashed passwords in C:P:A:Password"?

Evan Carroll lists at evancarroll.com
Fri Apr 9 15:51:05 GMT 2010

> Without any unnecessary commentary, here is the implementation of the
> password_(pre|post)_salt_field, without other features that should be
> patched separately.
>
> http://codepeek.com/paste/4bbf456c0ae3049443a742a2

I appreciate your efforts.

Without any unnecessary commentary (yes, it is all necessary) you
can't pry code from my moosified version out, without reading what
Moose was offering (namely, the methods you're using like get_config
-- I take it you liked it). Your version is a slight disservice as
you're ignoring the test patches and docs patches. So what I have 4
patches -- completely lacking negative criticism might I add -- they
also put the dev team in the direction they want to go with Moose.

--
Evan Carroll
System Lord of the Internets