[Catalyst] Catalyst getting wrong path from Apache server-side includes

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Fri Apr 16 00:53:08 GMT 2010

Howdy y'all,

Since upgrading to Catalyst 5.8022 on Wednesday, I've found that no
Catalyst requests coming from Apache server-side includes work.

If the user requests "foo.shtml", and that file contains "<!--#include
virtual="/catalyst/header" -->", then Apache correctly forwards the
request to my Catalyst FCGI. However, Catalyst now thinks that the
request path is "foo.shtml" instead of "/catalyst/header", and
responds with my app's 404-ey default action.

It didn't have this problem before the upgrade. Any thoughts or advice
would be kindly appreciated!

(Some folks on #catalyst IRC mentioned that there might be a fix for
this currently underway. But, Google is mum on it, as are the list
archives, so I thought it worth bringing up here anyway.)

--
Jason McIntosh

http://jmac.orgjmac at jmac.org • @JmacDotOrg