[Catalyst] Alternatives to DBIx?

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Sat Apr 17 13:35:51 GMT 2010

Personally I think DBIx::Class is the biggest load of crock out there.
It's much slower, awkward to use, time consuming to learn, and as soon
as you try to do some complicated queries you'll end up dropping it
anyway. ORMs simply cannot work in the long run:-
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2006/06/object-relational-mapping-is-the-vietnam-of-computer-science.html

I found SQL::DB recently, which looks interesting to me, but haven't had
chance to work with it yet. It might be what you are looking for.

Lyle