Follow Up: [Catalyst] Alternatives to DBIx:Class?

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Tue Apr 20 01:05:49 GMT 2010

John Karr wrote on 4/19/10 4:37 PM:

> So let me ask a follow up: What materials would you provide to an
> Intermediate Level Programmer to help them learn either Fey or DBIC?
> Materials could be working code, articles, things in documentation,
> documentation for other things that happens to explain it well, chapters in
> books, etc.

Rose::DB::Object (RDBO) hasn't been mentioned much in this thread. It has good
manpage-type docs, and a decent intro tutorial:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Rose-DB-Object/lib/Rose/DB/Object/Tutorial.pod

There is also Rose::DBx::Garden::Catalyst for bootstrapping an entire Cat app
using RDBO:

http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2007/7

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com