[Catalyst] Pre-Moose version of Catalyst and all plugins?

Kee Hinckley nazgul at somewhere.com
Mon Apr 26 20:09:48 GMT 2010

I'm trying to get some old code running in a hurry. Unfortunately Moose has completely fouled things up.First it broke my use of Error.pm (conflict with "with"). Fortunately I didn't use "with", and could just comment it out. But what I did have was my own Error subclass that was the Catalyst Exception class.

BEGIN {
    $Catalyst::Exception::CATALYST_EXCEPTION_CLASS = 'Error::Throws';
};

I have no idea how to even get started on making that work. I made Error a Moose inherited module from Catalyst::Exception (which is the wrong level, but it got rid of:

Not inlining 'new' for Catalyst::Exception since it is not inheriting the default Moose::Object::new
If you are certain you don't need to inline your constructor, specify inline_constructor => 0 in your call to Catalyst::Exception->meta->make_immutable

But then that left me with

Recursive inheritance detected while looking for method 'isa' in package 'Catalyst::Exception' at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/Class/MOP/Class.pm line 570.

If someone has a quick way of telling me how to make my code compatible with Catalyst::Exception that would be great, but I'm worried that I'm going to hit lots of other things like this. In particular, I'm also using Embperl as a Catalyst interpreter instead of TT, so I may hit Moose again there. It might be easier for me to just take a step back in time and get old versoins:

use Catalyst (qw{
    -Debug
    -Home=root/src
    ConfigLoader
    Static::Simple

    StackTrace

    Authentication
    Authentication::Store::DBIC
    Authentication::Credential::Password

    Authorization::Roles
    Authorization::ACL

    Session
    Session::Store::DBIC
    Session::State::Cookie
    Cache

    Prototype
    Params::Nested
    SubRequest

    ThrowForward});

Any suggestion on a solution that isn't going to take me days?

Kee Hinckley
Owner, Somewhere LLC.	Somewhere: http://www.somewhere.com/	TechnoSocial: http://xrl.us/bh35i