[Catalyst] Alternatives to Catalyst ?

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 14:14:09 GMT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Oleg Pronin <syber.rus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why can't nobody understand, the question is not why someone should
> use "$c->req->{params}". Of course that is an evil. Problem is that if
> i could get ->{parameters}{name} at a speed 100x there can't be no
> reason for ->params to work as a turtle and i see a good reason to use
> wrappers around Request to provide normal, fast method of acessing
> parameters. Use Class::XSAccessor, Fast::XS, i dont now, use
> something!!! Many people ask me why most of catalyst accessors working
> so slow ? i dunno what to answer except for writing our own wrapper
> accessors getting values directly with massive speedup.

The response you are getting, and having a hard time understanding
apparently, is that the worrying about overhead of accessors is
premature optimization that has no benefit to the scope of your real
application.

Unless you provide a NYTProf of your application showing Catalyst is
the bottleneck, nobody is going to care what you are saying.

I'm not sure why you think Catalyst accessors are so slow... on 5.10+
they are faster than Class::Accessor::Fast.  Startup time is slower,
but runtime is faster.  I'd prefer that.

Oleg, seriously, what are you trying to accomplish here?  You aren't
saying anything helpful and you really aren't good at trolling.  I'm
genuinely curious about your goals and the only reason I (and others)
are bothering to respond to you because your history on the mailing
list.

-J