[Catalyst] Oddness with Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBIC

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 20:50:26 GMT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:04:38PM +0700, Ben van Staveren wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> >>*Cough* remind me not to answer emails late at night :D
> >>
> >>Okay I've got the following:
> >>
> >>Catalyst 5.80022
> >>Static::Simple 0.29
> >>Session 0.27
> >>Session::Store::DBIC 0.11
> >
> >Thanks. I'll try to look into this at the NPW hackathon this weekend.
> >
> Awesome. I'm trying to find a little spare time at $job to take a look
> at it as well but I'm pretty new to Catalyst guts (and Moose), so not
> really making much progress on fixing the problem. Learning a lot though
> so it's all good :D

I'm wondering what's creating the session in that action at all.

A static file serve shouldn't have to bother doing it.

Were I you I'd add some Carp::cluck calls or something in $c->session and
friends (you're allowed to crack open your own copy of the Session.pm file
- just copy it into lib/Catalyst/Plugin in your checkout first :)

Doing that should show you where they're called from, which should tell us
what inside the session code is getting hit during a static request and
why that's happening.

My first guess would be "the code to auto-extend session expiry is being
triggered". But I've not dug into the code properly to see if that's it yet.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst