[Catalyst] Emulating Catalyst::Request::Upload for HTML::FormHandler

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Aug 10 18:59:55 GMT 2010

Hi good people,

for my work Catalyst project we allow the user to upload a user-pic ("avatar",
etc.) and then we need to resize it to be up to a certain limit. I can easily
resize the uploaded file using Imager or whatever, but I need a way for
HTML::FormHandler to accept it instead of the original uploaded file. Here are
the relevant docs:

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst::Request::Upload

(contains usage information but not much information how to construct a valid
object.)

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?HTML::FormHandler::Field::Upload

(explains that I should just use Catalyst::Request::Upload but not what it
expects from it).

I already tried to call ->fh($file_handle) where $file_handle is something I
opened using open my $file_handle, "<", \$buffer; but no luck - got some
stat() warning from File::Copy and my tests failed.

I did not get any reply for this on IRC so I'm asking here.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish