[Catalyst] App breaks after updating to Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::URI v0.14

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Thu Aug 19 12:07:22 GMT 2010

Good evening,

I updated heaps of modules on my dev server last night, and my
app broke horribly. Various errors in the log, common one being:

     Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: xxxx"

I reverted to a backup and updated modules in small batches. The
error returned when updating
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::URI v0.14.

The change notes indicate a couple things I probably should
focus on:

     - Fix behaviour when debug is turned on by wrapping prepare_path
       rather than prepare_action (RT#56753).
     - Fix for loading the session ID with a cookie for some actions
       and Session::State::URI for others (RT#57620)

I'm guessing the error is due to the change from prepare_action
to prepare_path but I don't know enough about the C::Engine
internals to figure out what the real problem is. Or maybe it's
not even a problem with C::Engine, and that's just where
exception gets thrown.

During my testing I determined the issue happens when running
under both myapp_server and myapp_fastcgi. (So I don't think
it's an issue specific to C::Engine::HTTP or C::Engine::FastCGI.)

Can anyone help with the debug process from here? What should I
try next? What other info should I provide?

Plugin list is:

__PACKAGE__->setup(qw/
     ConfigLoader
     AutoCRUD
     Static::Simple
     Params::Nested
     I18N
     Unicode::Encoding
     Cache::HTTP

     Session
     Session::Store::DBIC
     Session::State::Cookie
     Session::State::URI

     Authentication
     Authorization::Roles
     Authorization::ACL
     RequireSSL

     Cache
/);

Just using C::P::Session::State::URI v0.13 for now is fine. But
I'd like to get this solved before pushing changes to production.

Thanks,
Charlie

--
     Ꮚ Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>