[Catalyst] Transferring control via root/auto

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Dec 8 13:31:42 GMT 2010

On 7 Dec 2010, at 16:11, Ben van Staveren wrote:

> You want to $c->detach('end') -- unless that's the default these
> days. I use this pattern a lot and the only difference I see is that
> I do:

The end action will _always_ be run, there is no need to detach to the
end action.

However I'm not sure what doing $c->detach in auto will do (I guess
the same as returning 0 - i.e. stop further actions from running), but
I'm not sure - you should probably return 0 (to stop further dispatch)
rather than detaching in the auto action..

However as noted elsewhere in this thread, I'd seriously recommend
using Chained dispatch rather than auto for this (if for no other
reason then it avoids the re-entering auto in the next request after
you redirect issue).

Cheers
t0m