[Catalyst] Transferring control via root/auto

Cosmin Budrica cosmin at sinapticode.ro
Wed Dec 8 20:19:48 GMT 2010

Actualy I find that diagram to pretty much stick to the basic rules.

His auto code is the problem. While he's redirecting to the change
password, he is also re-entering auto. And, most probably the
conditions are met. A pretty straight forward solution is to do
something like:

if ($c->user_exists()&&  $c->check_any_user_role('User')
&&  $c->user->changePassword  ) {

+ return 1 if $c->action->reverse eq 'users/loginedit';

$c->res->redirect($c->uri_for($c->controller('Users')->action_for('loginedit'),
[$c->user->id] ));
                $c->detach();

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Ashley Pond V <apv at sedition.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Larry Leszczynski <larryl at emailplus.org> wrote:
>>
>> In situations like this I find this flow diagram helpful:
>>
>>   http://dev.catalystframework.org/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/catalyst-flow.png
>>
>> but I admit I am also not totally clear about how detach/go fit in...
>> Maybe someone has an updated diagram (or can update this one)?
>
> I did that diagram a loooooooooooooong time ago (2006?). I'd be glad
> to amend it and I can see obvious changes it needs but I'd probably
> need input from core devs to round it out "perfectly."
>
> -Ashley

Cosmin Budrica
Developer @ www.sinapticode.com