[Catalyst] FormHandler -- pro or con?

Erez Schatz moonbuzz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:33:38 GMT 2010

On 9 December 2010 16:32, Sir Robert Burbridge <rburbrid at cisco.com> wrote:

> Ideally, the web designers that don't know Perl at all should be able to
> change the design of the forms at least.
>

> Maybe I'm being naive, but what does the HFH form have to do with the
> design?  If you give them meaningful ids and class names, the designers can
> do whatever they need with CSS and the templates, right?

That's the main issue with these html generators, the programmers
create the code in a nice Perl class, and then the generator does its
magic, which includes a lot of stuff the designer later have to
handle, but can't, unless you're willing to make everything
display:absolute with fixed locations. The only way to force a layout
on the generator is to override it and manually write the html, which
is somewhat silly considering the purpose of using a generator in the
first place.

--
Erez

Observations, not opinions