[Catalyst] FastCgiServer: redefinition of a previously defined FastCGI server error when adding SSL VHost

Eric Berg eberg at bergbrains.com
Mon Dec 13 03:55:33 GMT 2010

This may be more of a FCGI question, but since it's happening with my
Catalyst app, I'll ask you folks.

I got my SSL cert installed and generally am configured for Apache 2.2
to serve up my site via SSL, but when I enable the FCGI config for the
SSL site, I get the following error:

FastCgiServer: redefinition of a previously defined FastCGI server error
when adding SSL VHost

Here's my FCGI/catalyst config that appears in both files:

<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
                 FastCgiServer
/var/www/sites/gordonlegalresearch.com/GLR/script/glr_fastcgi.pl
-processes 3
                 Alias /
/var/www/sites/gordonlegalresearch.com/GLR/script/glr_fastcgi.pl/
</IfModule>

I would think that the different VHosts had different contexts for FCGI,
but when this config appears in both ssl and non-ssl vhosts, I get that
error.

Anyone have any solutions for this?

Thanks.

Eric