[Catalyst] Catalyst::Engine::HTTP::Prefork failing to start my script

Andreas J. Koenig andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR at franz.ak.mind.de
Fri Dec 17 07:04:48 GMT 2010

  > The line in question is:
  > @ARGV = @{ $options->{argv} };

  > So you should make sure your server.pl has something like this:

  > my @argv = @ARGV;

  > MyApp-> run( $port, $host, {
  >     argv => \@argv,
  > } );

Not applicable for me. The script cpan_blame_server.pl was not written
by me but by catalyst, iirc by myapp_create.pl. And it contains only
this:

  BEGIN {
      $ENV{CATALYST_SCRIPT_GEN} = 40;
  }
  use Catalyst::ScriptRunner;
  Catalyst::ScriptRunner->run('CPAN::Blame', 'Server');

The manpage of HTTP::Prefork seems to make assumptions about the content
of the script being used. Would it probably be possible to write them
down explicitly?

  > I suppose it should also be patched to @{ $options->{argv} || [] }
  > though. If you don't save argv like this, auto-restart will not
  > relaunch the server correctly.

Thank you! Excellent, this part was easy and works for me since I'm not
passing any @ARGV to this server.

--
andreas