[Catalyst] Catalyst-TraitFor-Component-ConfigPerSite now on CPAN

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 14:41:47 GMT 2010

I've uploaded Catalyst::TraitFor::Component::ConfigPerSite to CPAN,
the documentation, etc is at
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-TraitFor-Component-ConfigPerSite/
and the git code repo is at
https://github.com/hashbangperl/Catalyst-TraitFor-Component-ConfigPerSite.

from the readme: "This Role or Trait allows you to share an
application between sites, clients, etc
with different configuration for templates and databases (and possibly
other parts)."

> Why do you use Cache::Cache and not CHI? Even POD of Cache::Cache
> told: "The authors recommend the use of CHI going forward".

It no longer uses Cache::Cache. instances are stored in a global and
can be over-ridden or disabled using a sub-role, or by just not
specifying the option.

> What will be if I use KiokuDB and TT:Alloy - your work will be not
> usable without writing additional traits, correct?

The main role, will be, the actual specific "sub-role" will need to be
written, it should be simple to copy from the existing model/view
traits.

> Also, I will be thankful, if you could add examples of config files
> for multi-site mode, and more documentation in general.

Done.

> PS: don't forget to clean debug code, like "use Data::Dumper" ;)

Mostly done.

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons