[Catalyst] What is the currently blessed XMLRPC

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Feb 6 14:29:40 GMT 2010

Hi folks:

   Working on a new version of some of our applications.  One of the
things we are doing is providing an XMLRPC interface for some of our
functionality.  I am setting up a new load of Catalyst::Devel and some
of the additional bits, and saw this nice shiny new
Catalyst::Plugin::Server::XMLRPC .  It didn't seem to install well
though, giving me errors like this:

> t/003_Settings.t ....... Catalyst::Plugin::Server uses NEXT, which is
> deprecated
> . Please see the Class::C3::Adopt::NEXT documentation for details.
> NEXT used  at
>  ../lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Server.pm line 17
> Catalyst::Plugin::Server::XMLRPC uses NEXT, which is deprecated.
> Please see the
> Class::C3::Adopt::NEXT documentation for details. NEXT used  at
> ../lib/Catalyst/
> Plugin/Server/XMLRPC.pm line 279
> t/003_Settings.t ....... 1/?
> #   Failed test '   'xmlrpc_params' returned correctly'
> #   at t/003_Settings.t line 62.
> #     Structures begin differing at:
> #          $got = undef
> #     $expected = HASH(0x35bbfc)

This is Strawberry Perl under Windows 7.  Will try Cygwin and Linux
next.  But barring platform issues, is this the current version of
XMLRPC server for Catalyst?  Moreover, is there a list of "currently
blessed" bits for specific functions somewhere?

Thanks!

Joe

ps:  I'll report the error to the developers directly, this is more a
question of am I using the right module.

--
Joe Landman
landman at scalableinformatics.com