[Catalyst] Re: action_for with user_id removed ...

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Feb 6 16:35:02 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:

> > From an HTTP point of view it is unwise to make endpoint URIs
> > like that which can refer to many different resources at any one
> > point in time.
>

> I'm not so sure that I agree, though I can appreciate your point of
> view.

We have debated this in our apps, too.  If some set of URLs are only valid
once a user logs in then do they have an implicit domain?

Plus, it sure is handy in documentation to say:

  To update your personal profile go to: http://example.com/myprofile

vs.

  To update your personal profile go to: http://example.com/user/<your id
here>/profile

Because you know what the tech support calls will be like....

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org