[Catalyst] FastCGI deployment - slow to complete request

Steve Rippl rippls at woodlandschools.org
Mon Feb 15 16:47:45 GMT 2010

Andrew Rodland wrote:
> Fix: Use a current snapshot version of mod_fastcgi. Source tarballs can be
> found in http://www.fastcgi.com/dist/ or if you'd like a deb, I've built
> http://cleverdomain.org/libapache2-mod-fastcgi_2.4.6.99~snap20081109_i386.deb
> (for Debian 5.0 i386).
>
> Andrew

Thanks for providing this, but when I install it and restart apache I get

wsdsis:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Starting web server: apache2apache2: Syntax error on line 185 of
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fastcgi.load: Cannot load
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_fastcgi.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_fastcgi.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
 failed!

and I'm on a 32bit kernel (in case that's what ELFCLASS64 is referring to?)

wsdsis:~# uname -m
i686

Would using the source version solve this or is something else going on?

For now I've disabled mod_deflate and that helps, I presume if I wasn't
using DEFLATE anywhere I'm not loosing anything here?

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Steve

--
Steve Rippl