[Catalyst] Could use some help from people with Windows boxen...

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Jr. acid06 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:01:58 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Curtis Jewell
<perl at csjewell.fastmail.us> wrote:
> Strawberry Perl Professional's "Alpha 1" is available - the announcement
> is at http://csjewell.dreamwidth.org/8928.html.
>
> What I'd like to know from you is:
>
> 1) How well does it work for you as Catalyst users on Windows?
> 2) Any modules that should be removed or added?
>
> I don't use Catalyst myself yet, I'm just a packager.  Feedback will be
> very helpful.

I don't have a "clean" Windows box at the moment, but the next time
I'm setting up a development environment on a Windows box, I'll
definitely give it a try.
I read the description and it sounds great. For instance, last time I
tried, I couldn't cleanly install Devel::NYTProf on Windows. It
would've been helpful if it was already there in the first place.

I still use 5.8.x for any professional development I'm doing, though,
so I won't be doing any extensive testing as 5.8.x isn't planned.
For some reason unknown to me, even the most recent Solaris 11 still
comes with perl 5.8.4 and so that's what I need to use when deploying.

-Nilson