[Catalyst] Inconsistent hierarchy during C3 merge of class

Al Alder avalder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 23:14:09 GMT 2010

Using Catalyst 5.80020
When running CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 prove -l t/01app.t
per 'The Definitive Guide To Catalyst' page 76 I get:
LolCatalyst-Lite > CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 prove -l
t/01app.t
t/01app.t ..
1/1

#   Failed test 'use
Catalyst::Test;'
#   at t/01app.t line
7.
#     Tried to use
'Catalyst::Test'.
#     Error:  Couldn't load class (LolCatalyst::Lite) because: Inconsistent
hierarchy during C3 merge of class 'Class::MOP::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::9':
merging failed on parent 'Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication' at
/usr/share/perl/5.10/mro.pm line 26.
# Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Class/MOP.pm
line 101.
#  at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Class/MOP.pm line 105

Google search turns up the fact that older versions of Catalyst had this
problem, but this has been fixed in
the latest versions.  I have checked and all modules versions appear to be
the latest.

I think you guys have done an outstanding job with Catalyst and I very much
want to be able to use it, but
finding solutions to this has been very frustrating.  Any help that you can
offer would be greatly appreciated.

-- =

Later,

Al Alder