[Catalyst] Data::Localize::Railsy for rails-like i18n in Catalyst

Matthias Dietrich mdietrich at cpan.org
Mon Jan 4 01:02:23 GMT 2010

I'm sorry for the empty mail some minutes ago...

Am 04.01.2010 um 01:44 schrieb Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com>:

> I just uploaded Data::Localize::Railsy to CPAN for use in the Catalyst
> app I was building:
>
>    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Data-Localize-Railsy/ (not yet indexed
> as of writing)
>
> I wrote it because I didn't like the existing Gettext frameworks for
> internationalization and prefer something where you don't specify the
> human readable source text in your code/templates but an abstract key,

Did you take a look at Locale::Maketext::Lexicon::DBI with its
Catalyst plugin C::P::I18N::DBI?  There you are suggested to have an
abstract key that belongs to one sentence in each language.  It
supports every gettext/maketext "interpolation" and so on.

Regards,
   matt