[Catalyst] Upgraded to Catalyst 5.80016, restarting dev server with HUP crashes

Jim Dread jimdread at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:13:43 GMT 2010

I upgraded Catalyst to 5.80016, and now restarting the dev server script wi=
th HUP makes it crash with this error:

Restarting server on SIGHUP...
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/share/perl=
/5.10.0/Catalyst/Engine/HTTP.pm line 342.

Here is Catalyst::Engine::HTTP line 342:

        exec $^X, $0, @{ $options->{argv} };

I tried getting some argv in there by giving arguments to the server script=
, but it didn't fix it. So I edited HTTP.pm to this:

        #exec $^X, $0, @{ $options->{argv} || [] };

And now it restarts okay when HUPed. Did I do something wrong or is this a =
bug? The script used to restart okay when HUPed before I upgraded.

thanks =

Jim

Catalyst::Runtime is up to date (5.80016)
Catalyst::Devel is up to date (1.25).

 		 	   		  =

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/