[Catalyst] DBI handle without "magic" when calling with dump_info=1 after updating Catalyst::Runtime

Matthias Dietrich mdietrich at cpan.org
Wed Jan 6 14:24:15 GMT 2010

Hi list,

does someone knows anything about this error?  As it occurs on two of my systems (Linux, Mac) and at least on one unknown I heard of this seems not to be an error of my local installation.

Here's my error description as of 24.08.2009:

> Hi,
>
> yesterday I've updated Catalyst::Runtime to 5.80011 and also did an update to several other modules (like Moose, DBIC, DBI and some plugins).  Today I discovered that my DBI handle looses his "magic" when I call my app with parameter dump_info set to 1.  This is the message printed on my console (current lates Mac OS X):
>
> $ sudo ./script/myapp_server.pl -p 80 -r
> You can connect to your server at http://rainboxx-pro.local
> SV = RV(0x24ae020) at 0x2501e60
>  REFCNT = 1
>  FLAGS = (ROK,READONLY)
>  RV = 0x24f5f0c
> 	(in cleanup) dbih_getcom handle DBI::db=HASH(0x24f5f0c) is not a DBI handle (has no magic) at /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Data/Visitor/Callback.pm line 97.
>
> Each following request results in blank pages with exceptions in the log like:
>
>  Can't call method "resultset" without a package or object reference at /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 548.
>
> I need to restart the server to use it again.
>
> The error occurs everytime I'm surfing on my app and using dump_info then.  If I restart the server and use dump_info with the first request, everthing is fine.  If I access a normal controller page and use dump_info after that, the server goes down again.
>
> Do I need to update another module?  Or is this a bug and if yes, of which module?  Tell me how I can help to find this error.
>
> Thanks,
>  matt
>
> P.S.: Although this seems to be as a question that should go to the DBIC list, I guess it is Catalyst related...

Thanks,
  matt

--
rainboxx Software Engineering
Matthias Dietrich, Freelancer

rainboxx                  |  Mobil: +49 (0) 151 / 50 60 78 64
Königsallee 43            |
71638 Ludwigsburg         |  WWW  :  http://www.rainboxx.de

XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html