[Catalyst] Running Catalyst App from Command Line (or via Cron)

Christoph Friedrich christoph at christophfriedrich.de
Fri Jan 8 15:58:06 GMT 2010

Hello there,

I need to build a script for my catalyst application that reads some =

data and put it into the database. This script needs to run as a daily =

cron job.
My first idea was to create a controller which handles this for me and =

use some of the other engines for catalyst (like =

Catalyst::Engine::Embeddable or Catalyst::Engine::JobQueue::POE) but I'm =

not sure if this is a good way.
Does someone of you have an idea how to make such a script? Maybe some =

Best Practices?

Greets
Christoph