[Catalyst] Password Encrypting & Authentication

Jon jonfdaily at wetxt.com
Thu Jan 14 15:17:05 GMT 2010

Hello,
I'm using Catalyst for 5.80015, and having a bit of trouble syncing my
password authentication with my encrypting.

I'm using Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication in order to authenticate
users, and I'm using DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn in order to encrypt
passwords as they are inserted (when a user registers).

I'm not too partial to any encryption algorithm, but I'm having
trouble finding a method that works with both of these.
DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn does exactly what I want it to as far as
encrypting the password column prior to inserting (or updating) it.
Has someone used these in conjunction in the past, or how is this
commonly implemented?

Ideally I would like EncodedColumn to use the basic unix encryption
that C::P::Authentication uses when password_type='crypted'.

Thanks!