[Catalyst] Mocking for Catalyst testing

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Sat Jan 16 23:56:51 GMT 2010

OK, so it's not solely a Catalyst question, but I'd be keen for any pointers on good tools for mocking when testing Catalyst applications. I'm not especially needing mocking databases, i.e., I've seen DBD::Mock, but I want to test using mocks of some other model components. The one that causes most grief is a web service client component. I have tests for this independently, and wanted to be able to test the Catalyst application using a mock for this, but having tried Test::MockClass and Test::Mock::Class neither seemed easy to get to work as a mock.

Does anyone have a good recipe for mocking Catalyst components? Any suggestions for good tools/modules to use?

All the best
Stuart