[Catalyst] How to change base class for autogenerated Schema/* files?

Adam Mackler nabble at mackler.org
Mon Jan 18 20:04:15 GMT 2010

Hi Alex:

I'm not sure about DBIC, but Rose::DBx::Garden, which creates its own
database objects in like manner to the DBIC Loader, has a feature to
insert code into the generated base class:

http://search.cpan.org/~karman/Rose-DBx-Garden-0.15/lib/Rose/DBx/Garden.pm#init_base_code

I guess that won't work with DBIC, and I know you said that you're
using DBIC.  I just mention this for your (and others') future
reference.  I started out using DBIC also.  But I figure as long as
I'm automatically generating my database objects, I might as well have
the same amount of effort generate my forms and Catalyst files as
well.

Adam