[Catalyst] Catalyst::View::Email stopped working

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Tue Jan 19 15:21:58 GMT 2010

Good morning,

I'm getting errors like the following when sending emails from
my app (it was working fine previously):

Caught exception in MMM::View::Email::Template->process "Can\'t
locate object method "is_simple" via package "sendmail" (perhaps
you forgot to load "sendmail"?) at
/Library/Perl/5.8.8/Email/Sender/Simple.pm line 100."

When trying to find out exactly where the problem was; I noted
that backend is no longer using Email::Send like it used to (&
the documentation says), eg:

# Setup how to send the email
# all those options are passed directly to Email::Send
sender => {
     mailer => 'SMTP',
     # mailer_args is passed directly into Email::Send
     mailer_args => {
         Host     => 'smtp.example.com', # defaults to localhost
         username => 'username',
         password => 'password',
}

C::V::Email now seems to be using Email::Sender instead. And I'm
having trouble working out the correct config options I should
be using. I've got 'mailer' set to 'SMTP' and there should be a
$transport for that in Email::Sender. I'm using the following
config (for local test server):

     <sender>
         mailer  SMTP
         <mailer_args>
             Host    192.168.1.5
         </mailer_args>
     </sender>

Is this a bug with C::V::Email or Email::Sender, or am I doing
something wrong?

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    〠 PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt