[Catalyst] Error handling

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Jan 21 04:33:33 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Steve Kleiman <steve at prodhub.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the feedback on how to log from within a schema. Log4perl =
is
> my hero.
>
> I'm still looking for a way to capture runtime errors and ideally email
> them out in addition to logging to a file.

I use log4perl to send "error" level messages to an additional log file.
Then I use cron to check for errors every few minutes and send a
notification email.  I like that better than the possibility of hundreds of
processes cranking out mail at the same time.

The plan is to move to a logging server to centralize this a bit more.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org