[Catalyst] How to de-serialize json?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Jan 24 08:01:44 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Hans Dieter Pearcey <
hdp.perl.catalyst.users at weftsoar.net> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, you missed the point of my message, which makes me
> wonder
> if I've missed the point of yours.  Are you talking about a set of
> conventions
> you'd like to be able to build for your own use on top of HTTP::Body, or a
> set
> of conventions that you expect everyone will want and so should be built
> into
> HTTP::Body, or something else entirely?

I thought you were saying that the request might not be a normal form
posting, and I was saying only that HTTP::Body can support that, too.
I was not suggesting everyone should use one method over another.

HTTP::Body seems (to me) like the natural place to deserialize.  Yet, the
REST modules I cited use an action class to deserialize.  Thus, I was
wondering if there was a specific reasons for that approach that I had not
understood.  That's really all.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org