[Catalyst] Re: Unicode trouble with Catalyst::Engine::FastCGI

Rod Taylor rod.taylor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:28:00 GMT 2010

0.6802 does not seem to work for me.

I have some unicode text in a PostgreSQL database. It extracts
properly with the utf8 flag on (checked), it renders properly into the
template (save $c->response->body() to disk and serve static version
with apache shows perfectly), it also works as expected when served
via "Server" instead of "FastCGI".

The headers are slightly different (charset=utf-8 vs charset=UTF-8)
but Firefox takes both as being UTF-8.

The content has UTF-8 characters double encoded with the new FastCGI module.

Note, I'm stuck on Apache 1.3.41.

Also using Unicode::Encoding (encoding => 'UTF-8'), View::TT2
(ENCODING => 'UTF-8'), and FormFu ({ constructor => { tt_args => {
ENCODING => 'UTF-8' }, }, }).

PostgreSQL connects via with pg_enable_utf8 => 1.