[Catalyst] Catalyst::View::Email stopped working

Devin Austin devin.austin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:59:13 GMT 2010

Charlie Garrison wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I'm getting errors like the following when sending emails from my app
> (it was working fine previously):
>
> Caught exception in MMM::View::Email::Template->process "Can\'t locate
> object method "is_simple" via package "sendmail" (perhaps you forgot
> to load "sendmail"?) at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Email/Sender/Simple.pm
> line 100."
>
> When trying to find out exactly where the problem was; I noted that
> backend is no longer using Email::Send like it used to (& the
> documentation says), eg:
>
> # Setup how to send the email
> # all those options are passed directly to Email::Send
> sender => {
>     mailer => 'SMTP',
>     # mailer_args is passed directly into Email::Send
>     mailer_args => {
>         Host     => 'smtp.example.com', # defaults to localhost
>         username => 'username',
>         password => 'password',
> }
>
> C::V::Email now seems to be using Email::Sender instead. And I'm
> having trouble working out the correct config options I should be
> using. I've got 'mailer' set to 'SMTP' and there should be a
> $transport for that in Email::Sender. I'm using the following config
> (for local test server):

>     <sender>
>         mailer  SMTP
>         <mailer_args>
>             Host    192.168.1.5
>         </mailer_args>
>     </sender>
>

> Is this a bug with C::V::Email or Email::Sender, or am I doing
> something wrong?
>

> Charlie

Hi Charlie/Everyone Else Who Experienced the Breakage,

Catalyst::View::Email version 0.20 *should* in theory fix the recent
breaks.  Please install (most conveniently using cpanf, attainable
through App::CPAN::Fresh) and test, and notify the list/irc channel if
you have any issues.

Also, see my previous email to the list regarding this fix/release.

Thanks,

dhoss