[Catalyst] How to de-serialize json?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jan 27 21:16:56 GMT 2010

On 27 Jan 2010, at 15:33, Bill Moseley wrote:

> No big deal.  I was just curious why the HTTP::Body approach was not
> used in the existing REST/RPC modules, as that was already the place
> used by Catalyst to de-serialize the body.  I thought maybe there
> was a reason I might not understood, which is why I asked.

HTTP::Body isn't really structured for this - you can (and I _do_ in
one of my apps) add or override the content type handlers.

However as it's class data, this is perl interpreter wide - which
means that two different applications with conflicting requirements
can't exist in the same mod_perl interpreter - not awesome.

Given that the serialization/deserialization isn't hard as is (as
noted elsewhere in the thread), I guess that the (potential) overlap
isn't too great to be worth trying to do something about this..

Cheers
t0m