[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst/C:M:Adaptor/Moose/Moosex::Declare bug?

iain hubbard iainhubbard at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:29:31 GMT 2010

On 28 January 2010 11:22, iain <iainhubbard at googlemail.com> wrote:

> iain wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is probably going to end up being nothing to do with catalyst but as
>> this is where I am seeing the problem its where im starting.
>>
>> I have a standalone set of objects that work as expected. When I wrap
>> these with Catalyst::Model::Adaptor for use as a model they fail with the
>> error. http://pastebin.com/m2e87571c (this is a simple test app to
>> highlight the problem)
>>
>> The cat app that generates this error is here http://tinyurl.com/y9vyfmz.
>> I have included two tests one that passes (standalone) and the normal
>> 01app.t test that fails. Just unzip and "prove -l t".
>>
>> I am using the latest CPAN versions of Catalyst (5.80018),
>> Catalyst::Model::Adaptor (0.06),  Moose (0.94), MooseX::Declare (0.32) a=
nd
>> the Perl version is 5.10.0 on ubuntu.
>>
>> Hopefully somebody with more knowledge of the inner workings can shed so=
me
>> light on the problem.
>>

> Now that i have finished reading all the responses to my first post :) I
> have had time to de MooseX::Declare my objects. This fixes the problem.
>
> So, this is a problem with Moosex::Decalre and
> Catalyst/Catalyst::Model::Adaptor.

For anybody thats interested this problem appears to be caused by
Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple specifically version 0.28. Removing this
plugin or rolling back to 0.26 makes the error go away.

So, if you have a MooseX::Declare style object that loads a class at runtime
and you wrap it as a catalyst model and you use C:P:Static::Simple it will
error :-)

Iain Hubbard.